Follow my blog with Bloglovin Hello Joys.: Mémoire, Memory

Mémoire, Memory

July 17, 2014




A memoir of friendship.
A memoir of youth.
A memoir of us.


 
" I'm simply amazed by this shot, seeing how tiny we are in the universe." 



It has been five days ago when I went for a one-day trip with my classmates gang to the East Coast Park in Singapore. This trip apparently was our last gathering before most of us enter a wholly new track in life - the university.

At first, as concluded from my FB post in our class group, there's not much people (around 9-10) attending. However when the day came closer, I was delighted to know that almost half the class was joining, especially seeing them were eagerly looking forward to it as I was.

We assembled at one of our familiar mamak store at 9am. When I got down at the gateway and walked towards the noisy table, looking at them, I could feel my tears rolling. We can now still chit-chat about a topic we both knew, can tap another shoulder out of a sudden without have to worry pissing him/her off, can poke the same earphone into both our ears just to share a nice song found a few days ago.

We're so close to each other now, but one day later, we won't anymore. 
Will we?






Eventually, we're creating a scene everywhere we went. At the station, in the train, on the bus, along the roadside, at the hocker centre and even when we're queuing at the checking point of Singapore customs. Everyone was looking at us. But that didn't affect us at all. They, staring at us, must have been jealous, jealous at our youth, at our ebullience of  youth. 

“Youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tales of the Jazz Age








One day, I'm going to miss all these smiling faces.
I wonder whether by that moment, will they still smile for no reason?  




We finally reached the park at 1pm after getting lost and dawdling a big round in this tiny little city. The sky was a radiant shade of blue. It was no doubt a sunny day. It uplifted our mood to the utmost excitement ( though our forehead were beaded with sweat lol ).We walked over quite a long distance and found a bicycle rental shop at last. A bicycle for 2 hours cost us $12, and the deal was made.


“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin, Phrynette Married  











For the next two hours, we cycled as far as we could reach. Leaning into the wind, we let the salty breeze whipped our hair wildly around our face. Cycling was definitely not an interesting sport to do when you're alone, however with them alongside, the whole thing went enjoyable and awesome. 

"I'm so happy today." said one of the girl. 
I smiled at her words, and a sound deep in my heart replied her. "Me too.", yelling back. 
  



 





“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: 
someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”
― Tom Bodett





 


Some random shots taken by our class photographer. ( not me haha )




  







After a long ride, we took a rest at the beach. My bff and I decided to do something #YOLO. We climbed up a steep rock which stretch towards the ocean and sat there, quietly. Staring out across the sea, I find myself unable to distinguish between the crystal blue ocean and the dusky horizon. The salty breeze evoked my memories. Those bygones when we were still young enough to laugh a lot, play a lot and enjoy a lot.

 We're getting older, yet still so young.







The sky was turning orange and red. It was almost time for our departure. We took a series of photo by the seaside with some random crazy ideas. So one day after a long tiring day of work, we can still look back at them and bring a smile to our worn-out face.

 “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein













“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh






No comments:

Post a Comment